hey luis, i guess i dont check my audiv8 messages often enough!

its going painfully slowly, but its been a fun prpject. these cars are built like farm equipment, and i mean that as a compliment. i have pulled everything out from underneath the car except the front transaxle, and am media blasting and powercoating as much of it as i can. given that my car lived in MN/SD for its whole life before me, its in remarkable shape once you blast away the surface rust on the suspension components and powdercoat the clean cast iron and/or steel. the rear wheel bearing housings are 12lbs cast iron castings. they take like an hour to cool down after powdercoating!

the downside is that there are a large number of bushings that have to be destroyed and therefore replaced in order to get the parts to this point. i am literally down to my last 10 items, all stuff that is tucked away in some audi tradition warehouse. lets just say that audi tradtition isnt shy about somehow tripling the price from whats quoted on their uk website to what my audi parts person here in st. louis says that i would have to pay. we'll see about that!