Audi V8 update

An bit of an update is needed, I think.

Progress so far.

Electrics.
Numerous nasty electrical problems due to previous alarm installations, resulting in something like 20 electrical joints being repaired. I do still need to attack a few more, but right now, the car has working systems.

The central locking pump has suffered a bit, with fractures affecting the drivers door circuit. So central locking only works on one side. Rather like a ur-quattro. Not really noticeable when you obviously open the passenger door first, to let ones lady in.
(Please note- painfully aware that presence of cars is matched by lack of women)

The mirrors are 87.5 % working! and I'm happy with that.

The aircon has just enough gas charge to achieve a chilly output, and the whole system now provides full range heat/cooling, after replacing the blower with one from a (c4) A6.
You guys with left hand drive need to thank your lucky stars. The right hand drive adaptation does not lend itself to such easy maintenance.

Mechanically

Brakes
I've stripped, cleaned, new seals, and learned a lot in the process, putting the the rear calliper back into operation. Now, I have a handbrake that actually holds against throttle, sufficient to pass the MOT.

Front brakes need some attention. They are HP2.

The biggest issue I currently have is that the brake pedal very easily goes full travel, giants a mechanical rather than hydraulic stop.
Is this a fluid issue? I am going to do a further flush of the system.
The rear axle regulator is seized in the open condition. I can easily bleed the rears.

The gearbox will be given a full drain out, new filter if I can find one, and refill. It shifts into reverse very aggressively. I may need to look at the prop shaft.

Bodywork
Here is the expected bigger issue.

Windscreen.
I managed to pull the trim off the windscreen. It was a fairly nice chrome trim, but not original. The windscreen is a replacement sometime in the past, and as with many that I've seen- careless! The result is poor sealing, water leaks, and some rot. Fortunately, it doesn't appear to have perforated as previously feared. So there is going to be a two phase effort on the bodywork.

Windscreen frame and roof, first.
Lower panels, boot, bonnet later. It's not idle, but a practical solution for now.

A large number of UK cars have rotting rear valances. I should point out that these are the ones with plastic inserts for the bumper trim, rather than the welded in studs.

I really need-

441813308C. The rear valance. I'd like to convert it to studs, as these seem to be far longer lived. Does anyone know of one going spare. Although I could probably just make a full width patch, and cut back as far as I can to clean metal.

The end is nigh, as the fella in the funny wastegate oft proclaims.

85 WR quattro
90 V8 Silver, 91 V8 Black, 93 V8 Lago
93 100e quattro V6. Titan, i think