Ladies and Gentlemen

Here is the deal Audi used CHEAP rings in the V8 engines. Here is one of the main issues with Alumisil blocks. Silicon bores are abrasive, think about it silicon is tougher then iron and wears stuff out. The stock rings to the best of my knowledge are plasma coated Iron rings (CHEAP) the plasma coating is required to prevent premature wear. What happens in abused and high mileage engines is this coating wears and you start getting excessive ring wear. The only solution to this is new rings. My suggestion is chromoly rings with a low friction coating if you would like.

Here is a picture of my 4.2L ABH code engine as the PO rebuild it. (if your reading this Pasha thank you for the fine work ;-) ) http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z19/Pashamad/ENGINE/Picture045.jpg The rings are available and out there. Heads are also a known issue on the newer and older VAG motors. I plan to rebuild a 4.2L ABZ code engine with new rings, new guides, new seals, etc. The smoking issues is a know issue and is not limited to Audi engines. There are other alumisil engines that have the same problem. Also honing this is an option find any one that does 944/968/928 Porsche stuff same exact technology (trust me BTDT) most should be able to help you out.

As for torque specs I can't help you there at the moment, but I'd guess use whatever a 2.7tt uses for the rod bolts, the mains I can't help.

HTH's
Sean