Well, how shoud I say it... If this is Your first timing belt change, or You aren't familiar with (what is this 0.01mm timing clock) clocks, it's easier to use locking tools.

My experiense of Audis V8 engines are, they wery sensitive of timing. Even You use locking tools, maybe engine doesn't run smootly or it will use extra gas. This can come because with locking tools there is 5mm tolerance in crank shaft. And syncronising cam shafts with crank shaft exatly, You will have to use timing clocks. Then Your engine run smootly and it will use 10l/100km in mixed drive. In towns it use less than 11.4 l/100km.

So, when You have used locking tools, and You start Your engine. If it doesn't run smootly, re-install everything again... and again... and again. So many times Your engine run smootly from beginning.

Locking tools cost ~120€ wit taxes in Finland, and we are expensive coutry. But if You compare it to price 1800€ they charge changing timing belt, it pays off. Is there any friend You can borrow theese locking tools?

And my addvice to bearings and rolls... Change them all !!!
Nothing isn't moore frustrated than braking Your engine because of 23€ bearing. When I bought my car from Germany, I noticed somebody hasn't change bearings. They kept bad noice. All bearings, belts, spark plugs, air filters and gas filter cost totally 430€. Of course it's a lot of money. But You car drive next kilometers without problems.

/pete

Could be worse, not much, but could be...