Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
Anonym
Unregistriert
Anonym
Unregistriert
I was wondering where in USA can I buy a chip for my V8 Quattro. Any website links? Also where in the car do I install it, and is it easy? I did the install of the chips on my BMW 850 V12 that was pretty easy and also just got V8 Quattro but can't locate the engine ECU please help.
Thanks!
ED. dragon850@sbcglobal.net

Hi,

you can get chips from 30Euros up to 150Euros on www.ebay.de (german)
The ECU is in the brake pedal area on left hand car side together with the tranny ECU if it is an automatic transmission model

Best Regards

Cord

Anonym
Unregistriert
Anonym
Unregistriert
The ECU is located on these cares in the lower left front, just right of the brake pedel.

Remove the panel under the dash under the steering wheel, you will see the ECU in the left corner.

You can purchase a chip from "TAP", go to the web, type in TAP and they give you an 800 number to call. They send you complete instructions with the chip.

Anonym
Unregistriert
Anonym
Unregistriert
I was amazed at how may people have viewed this question about ecu chip upgrading .It seems that if you want a ecu chip, one web site or auction is good as any other ! I would be interested in hearing from people who have had good and poor results with ''tuning" chips. This web site is primarily suited for Europeans with the ability to read and write German ,unfortunately I cannot , HEY ALL YOU V8'S UP THERE HELP!!.

I would highly recommend Intended Acceleration; they are the most popular V8 (3.6 and 4.2) chip tuner in the US. I am running the IA chip in my car and am very pleased.

I was not very impressed with TAP's (www.tap1.com, 3.6 only) response when I sent them an email inquiry; they also have 0 positive and 1 negative performance feedbacks on the V8@audifans.com list. Numerous IA raves and no IA rants however. They are the only 2 V8 chip tuners in the US that I am aware of.

Contact Alex at http://www.intendedacceleration.com and tell him Jeremy sent ya

Regards,

- Jeremy

1990 V8Q Zyclam Portland, Oregon (USA) http://www.MyV8Q.com/ Fun, Fun, Fun auf der Autobahn

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert