Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
hello,

i am putting a '91 V8Q 5-speed back together after i purchased it from copart.com here in the US, fixed some accident damage in the front, and performed a mechanical refresh. so far, i have been able to acquire all but a few parts related to fixing some superficial damage on the drivers side. those "few parts" would be the following:

drivers side parking light - 441941625B

connecting piece - 441805513A

seal - 441823737D

if anyone has access to these parts, please pm me and we can discuss a transaction.

as i mentioned in the subject line of my post, i have also considered ordering from trshop.audi.de, and in my case, they have the first two items in stock. unfortunately, they won't ship directly to me in the USA, so i am also asking if anyone on this forum who is a resident of germany or some other country which trshop.audi.de will ship to would consider letting me get the trshop.audi.de parts shipped to their address and would then forward them to my address here in North Carolina, USA. i would be happy to pay whatever deutsche post or the applicable postal carrier charges for the shipment to the USA. if anyone is interested, please pm me as well. thanks.

vince

366717-IMG_5203.jpg (0 Bytes, 198 downloads)
old hand
old hand
I can help you with the shipping. However I do not know how to get that seal.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Hi Vince,

you have got a pm

Beste Grüße
Tim
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
thanks tim and daniel. after a couple of emails, audi interaction gmbh has given the contact information for the general importer for audi parts here in the usa, so i am going to contact them and see if they can help me with my order from audi tradition. if that doesnt work, i will let you know.

vince

stranger
stranger
Vince, how's that restoration going? I'm located in MD.

1991 V8 Quattro 5gang 2003 S8 D11 1994 BMW 850CSi 1991 BMW 850i 6gang 1994/1995 Thunderbird SC
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
hey luis, i guess i dont check my audiv8 messages often enough!

its going painfully slowly, but its been a fun prpject. these cars are built like farm equipment, and i mean that as a compliment. i have pulled everything out from underneath the car except the front transaxle, and am media blasting and powercoating as much of it as i can. given that my car lived in MN/SD for its whole life before me, its in remarkable shape once you blast away the surface rust on the suspension components and powdercoat the clean cast iron and/or steel. the rear wheel bearing housings are 12lbs cast iron castings. they take like an hour to cool down after powdercoating!

the downside is that there are a large number of bushings that have to be destroyed and therefore replaced in order to get the parts to this point. i am literally down to my last 10 items, all stuff that is tucked away in some audi tradition warehouse. lets just say that audi tradtition isnt shy about somehow tripling the price from whats quoted on their uk website to what my audi parts person here in st. louis says that i would have to pay. we'll see about that!

stranger
stranger
Good afternoon, I also don't look at this as often as I should. Dealing with Audi Tradition from the US has been a true hassle, but I order and have them shipped to friends in Berlin, and they re-ship them to me here in WDC and MD. Audi Tradition could be a great resource but they seem to actively not want the business even though customers are willing to pay the inflated price. Also, I have encountered that USA dealers do not want to order parts for the older obscure Audi's. Again I order and have it shipped to friends in Berlin and or I pick them up when I travel to Germany and bring them home in checked luggage. It would be great to talk to you about your restoration. I have a 1993 4.2. It is in really good condition. But there are a few items I would like to restore (get back to new condition) and a couple of items that need fixing (cruise control, headliner). Thanks and continued sucess on the restore.

I also read you were looking for the 16 inch rims. I had been looking for six years and then end of 2021 I came upon a parts feed from the UK on FACEBOOK and there is a parts warehouse that had them (NOS). I almost couldn't believe it, but I ordered a set (actually reasonable cost) and they came within two weeks. I don't think they knew what they had parts wise to the V8 community. The wheels are of course brand new and flawless in boxes with 1/4 inch thick dust.

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert