Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Bewertung: 5
Sean K Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
My car does not have a front centre armrest and I am considering purching genuine Audi one from a car breaker who has an Audi V8.

Will the armrest be difficult to fit since I do not believe that the seat on my car has the scoket in the frame to take the armrest (I realise the that the armrest fits to the left hadn seat)?

Has anyone successfully retrofited a front centre armrest to an Audi V8 that did not origionally have an armrest and if so, what do I watch out for?

Carpal \'Tunnel
Carpal \'Tunnel
Dear Sean,

no RHD V8 was ever delivered with an armrest, so the problem is that you'd have to mount it on your passenger seat (the left one). And usually there is no socket for the armrest in the passenger seat in RHD cars.

You may have pretty much the only V8 in Ireland - would you like to share a bit of the details of the car?

Also consider visiting http://www.classic-audi.co.uk - they have way more RHD knowledge than we've here (even though we have some RHD drivers here)...

Best regards

Bastian

stranger
stranger
Hi Sean
Armrests are not fitted to RHD Audi's from 80's and early 90's.
But you can retrofit,the threaded boss SHOULD be on the passengers seat you can feel if it's there thought the leather,
The boss is present on my 90 V8 and my 94 100
Is this coming from Audi 200 in Exeter?

Sean K Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for your message. I have some details of my car on Classic Audi already. My name on that site is Ausi V8.

I realise that no RHD had the centre arm rest becuase Audi believed it restricted the use of the handbrake.

I have bought my arm rest from abroad but it does not come with the boss or plastic grommet that surrounds the hole in the side of the seat?

My car is a 1993 4.2 with 54,000 miles and full documentation. The car had two owners before me and it is virtually unmarked from new. It is metallic black with the blue leather interior.

I did see an Audi V8 for sale in Southern Ireland a few years ago so I cannot confirm if I have the only V8 in Ireland now (possibly the only 4.2).

Tell me about your car and I can email some photos of my car if you send me your email address.

If you know anyone that could supply the arm rest boss I would be greatful.

Tell me about your car

363314-2016-12-24 14.08.52-11.jpg (0 Bytes, 188 downloads)
Sean K Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
No I am getting my arm rest from abroad. I have felt my passenger seat and it does not have the boss. If you know where I could get the boss I would be interested.

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert