Some time ago, I bought a black V8 as a parts donor.
It looked a mess, the chrome trims had all been painted black, and it didn't run well, despite extensive receipts for a recent engine overhaul, gearbox rebuild, and a generally well recorded history.
It served it's purpose well, but in the process of looking over the car, I realised that it was actually more solid body/structurally, than my later 1993 model.
It has a lot of electrical problems in the engine looms, due to some really nasty wiring damage.

My 1993 car was viable, subject to obtaining windscreen trims front and rear. Getting windscreen trims has proven impossible, so fixing corrosion issues around the windscreen apertures is unlikely to be possible, and along with engine damage during the MOT, I've decided that this car will probably be stripped. (not necessarily scrapped, but more on that later)

So.
I have a solid 1991 model, 3.6, which doesn't run well.
I have a scruffy 1993 model 4.2, much higher specification, but with a blown engine (using coolant, but it does run.)

I'm thinking of simply using the 1991 for a shell swap.

I would get a solid car
Electric niceties like rear heated seats
later air con system.
A much more complete, better condition, interior.

The downside is that the car would be something of an anomaly for documentation. But as I rarely sell cars, and the records are all mine, I think this is not such an issue.

I imagine that there will be some snags due to differences in the shells, which I will only discover as I go along.

85 WR quattro
90 V8 Silver, 91 V8 Black, 93 V8 Lago
93 100e quattro V6. Titan, i think