Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
1992 K reg. 4.2 model

I hate breaking cars, especially the rarer type, even if they have pretty limited value as a whole car. But! My Donor car is coming apart, and while I know there are probably not that many UK V8 owners watching here, maybe word will spread. I'm duplicating this on classic-audi and audiworld.

I am keeping-

Engine, going in mine
exhaust system (but NOT the x/balance pipes I think)
BBS 16x8
Some glass
Headlights
rad housing
Window motors and regs
rear brakes

I'm probably also going to keep these unless I get a good offer. (not that kind, thank you!)
ECU, engine loom, tranny ECU- ,
Supplementary transmission cooler and pipes
Black leather interior
Anything else I may have forgotten.

almost everything else is available while I still have the car. So if there are any interested persons, let me know what it is you want.
Please try to keep item requests to whole assemblies, rather than small internal bits. I'm not about to go hunting for obscure clip number 2001, on left side of the thingamy, or scuppering what might otherwise be a good to have item. The whole strut will be available, not the spring cup, etc, etc (as some siamese chap might say)
Make me an offer, and if I don't fall over in hysterics, I'll let you know if it's successful. I'm not looking to do this as a business, but it's also not a charity. P&P will be extra, personal collections welcome, personal services likely to get a slap prior to first base. (I'm not that kind of stripper- ask coxy)

The car was in a frontal smack at some stage, so a lot of the front assembly is FUBAR, and basically scrap aluminium. Although strangley the rad housing is not too bad The car was about an inch short from front to windscreen, and had been very nearly litterally nailed back together.
Luddites!

If you want body panels that require cutting out, I cannot do this, and I'm not sure if any of the local scrappers will be obliging, but I'll see what I can do.
Finally, Once I have had my wicked way with her, it's off to the knackers yard. Unless someone wants to buy the carcass for something or other, or put dibs on what I'm not keeping, as a whole unit. It would make an excellent base for a track car if V8 touring cars are your thing. But be warned, it's not going to be sitting about waiting for ages while great aunt nellie checks her back garden to see if she has a car trailer you can use. If you want it, come and get it!

and another one bites the dust, but this probably isn't capable of being saved.

85 WR quattro
90 V8 Silver, 91 V8 Black, 93 V8 Lago
93 100e quattro V6. Titan, i think
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Update

It's been a slow start due to a new job, but I'm cracking on with the dismantling of the donor car.

Diff is out. Heavy!
Gearbox is out. Damned heavy
Fuel tank is sold and away
Rear lights out and reserved

Black leather interior is mostly out, but having some issues getting the rear seat back out. Head restraints came out ok, but I can't find out how to release the rest of it.

The shell is going to be sent to the scrapyard next week once I have the doors and side glass out.

85 WR quattro
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Kind of sad as the shell is emptied.
I almost wish I could keep it, store it. clean it up, and build a track car. It is not good enough to resurrect as a road car, especially given the rust in the rear valance. But it would be suitable for a track machine. And empty, it would be easier to convert a 5 or 6 spd manual now, and any option of V8.

I'm in the process of removing the engine harness, plus all other wiring...

85 WR quattro
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Did you find out how to remove the rear seat?

Gude Mario Audi 100 CD Autom. Bj.83 Audi 200 20v Bj.89 Audi 5000 Bj.85 Audi V8 3,6 Autom. Bj.88
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Mario, yes. I got it out in the end. It wasn't what I expected. pulling the plastic head rest tubes out took some doing, especially as i was doing it alone. They were seriously tight. I used a long handle from a yard broom to knock the 'barb' in on each tube, to release them.

85 WR quattro
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I hat the same problem when i did it that the first time.

Gude Mario Audi 100 CD Autom. Bj.83 Audi 200 20v Bj.89 Audi 5000 Bj.85 Audi V8 3,6 Autom. Bj.88

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert