Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#1603 17.12.2001 04:34
OP Offline
Hi,

I have a '89 3.6 machine and I simply LOVE IT!! I bought it in October in Germany with Service Book from an old lady.
I know that cogged belt must be changed in every 90 000 km. According the Service Book the belt has changed 8 years ago for the first time. Does anybody know if there is any restriction for changing the belt relating the time of using?

Best Regards,

Zsolt

I think Audi states every 6 years _or_ every 90000 km, whatever comes first..

The cogbelt should be changed every 3 years or according to the service book
passed kilometers.
That is absolutely a must!
Dont skip on this important thing!!!!
Note that special tools are required, do not try to do it yourself unless you have them ,and a lot of patience, Litterature about this operation is avalible from Autodata books.
Comments welcome.

I would like to perform this operation on my 3.6 V8. I see that the information is available from Autodata. What book is this information in? Is it one of those books with timing belt data in for all makes of car?

Hello!

I did change mine from the Autodata information on the Audi V8 3.6.
My dad used to have an subcribtion for that car.
Tools, 3197 - PULLEY HOLDER V8, 3199 - LOCATING FIXTURE CAMSHAFT V8
http://www.baumtools.com/english/specialtools.cfm?mk=VW/AUDI
The camshaft drive gear on the Audi V8 is mounted wihtout a key so a tool thats locate the camshaft in the right position is prefered. (the chaft is coneshaped at the end the gear is locked in that way)
You can do it whitout the locking tools, but the passanger side camshaft wants to rotate a bit wihtout it because of the valvespring pressure.
Pulley holder is allmost a must if you have an automatic gearbox, othervise (manual) get the gearbox in the lowest gear and let a friend press the brakepedal or use handbrake if it is strong enought.

Don´t forget to change waterpump and the pulleys+adjust the damper to the specified lenght.

Audi V8 4.2 (Panther Schwarz 92)

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert