Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everybody.
I've bought quite fine ABZ with wiring and ECU. I want to put it to quite different car, than donor-A8. And my problem is to overcome immobilisating system, which normally uses some of 3 wires from ECU to instument cluster, and one - to communicate directly with immo module.
Will be grateful for any advices, how to do it. See two ways - to "fake" an ECU, giving to it some signals simulating unlocked immo (ground signal or +5V or +12 ????), or re-programming ECU.
I'm interested in more simple solution, of course, I don't like to make additional problems for myself.

Thanks for all
Sebastian

Custom, rally and offroad car builder, vintage car restorer. tel. +48 663 082 622 (Pl, En, Rus)
What year is the donor car?
Basically, up to the facelift in model year 1999, the immobilizer system had its own ECU (located below the instrument cluster, part number 8D0 953 234).
If you have this older system, just pull/buy get that immobilizer ECU from the same car you got everything else from (!), integrate it into the wiring and you're ready to go.
Keys, engine ECU and immobilizer ECU have to be matching. If you get an immobilizer ECU out of another donor car, you have to go to Audi - they can make them matching. That is a rather simple process any Audi dealer can do if you provide proof of ownership.

After the 1999 facelift, the immobilizer is integrated into the Instrument cluster - no more separate ECU. You'd have to re-use the A8 instrument cluster in whatever you'd want to use the engine in. Here, engine ECU and instrument cluster as well as the keys have to be matching.

It IS possible to reprogram the ECU to get rid of the need for the immobilizer. But, in this forum at least that has seen quite a few members' cars being stolen, I seriously doubt that anybody who knows these systems (I don't) would be inclined to discuss how to circumvent the immobilizer system.... that is a somewhat touchy subject around here.

Are you planning to put the ABZ in that GAZ thing for off-road-use? Cool project!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, my Friend!

Thanks for reply. As I see - problem is not to overcome with simple trick... Of course, I understand, that knowledge about freezing immo system gives some guys possibility to arrange illegal doings, so - of course I'm not surprised, that some people, who know, how to do that thing will not write too much at public space
Telling You the truth - I don't know, what year, the donor comes from. I've bought only engine with external equipment and ECU. Maybe the seller will know more, I'll ask him.

How do You know, that I've builded GAZ 69? Did You found photos, or movie in web? It has 3.5 V8 rover engine installed , not audi, of course with not such huge power, but a very flat torque at extermally low rpm.

Audi's ABZ is dedicated for my private car - audi 90Q B2 - wonderful youngtimer I want to tune up a little bit
300 horsepower would be enough
If You are interested in more our projects, just drop me a line with mail address, I can send You some photos.

Regards and thank You.

Custom, rally and offroad car builder, vintage car restorer. tel. +48 663 082 622 (Pl, En, Rus)

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert