Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#116630 02.11.2006 07:28
OP Offline
This is Gatis and I do run Audi V8 3,6l 1989 with automatik getriebe! And as it usually happens my transmission broke some time ago! I just bought my car 3 months ago!
Exowner said thas he has changed the fluid in gearbox, but I think that was not true. After my AT broke I changed the fluid that was black!
The situation with gearbx is the following: when Im puting in D it doesnt go, but some hydraulic processes I can hear, but not so usual noise which is when the gearbox is ok! Car doesnt move in D i have to step on the gas and when it gets aprx at 3000 yhe 3rd gear comes and the all lights in boards starts blinking! After restarting the engine codes goes off! My gearbox can go in 1 as it was before it was broken when im puting in D and when I can continue my driving without any fault codes!
I checked out with my friend the codes a code was 1231 - Transmission Speed sending unit and it was the only one code. Friend is saying its just a side effect, he says its technical problem in my gbox. The hidraulic pressure or something else is not working he thinks. My speed and RPM on board is OK!
Do I have to change the box or it is just Transmission Speed sending unit open or short circuit! Strange if my speed and RPM is OK!!!!!
Through 2 and 3 it also doesnt start, but when im starting through 1 andafter some time when im puting in to 2 or 3 I can see how RPM is going down! It means that the transmission needs some speed to work!
And do have one more strange thing it looks like the gearbox has double kickdown and 5 speed not 4! When Im passing car i can feel the kickdown but when I step very deep I can feel one more kickdown and after then I can feel 2 changings in gearbox! I do not have 2nd gear it can not be the 2nd gear! When im in low speed with 3rd gear I step on gas kickdown works and there is no second gear my RPM goes to maximum and gets back 3rd gear!
Is it a technical problem and do I have to change it???

Gatis! And big thanks!

journeyman
journeyman
Did you mount a new or other radio in your car ? what did you do with the blue cable ?

What does your tacho show ?

Greetings

Christian

Natürlich wars mal wieder keiner !
OP Offline
Yes I have mounted the new radio there, cause when I bought that car, there was no radio that had been stolen from exowner! The master mounted my radio in. About the blue cable I dont know! may be its just useless so far! Is radio consisted with tha AT??? Strange....

journeyman
journeyman
Yes, it is. Usually in VW´s the blue cable is for the illumination of the display and the buttons of the radio. This can be dimmed. This is NOT faxt in the V8. The blue cable is a speed-indicator for the automatic-volume feature. The faster you drive, the louder your gamma or beta-radio will be.

Check what´s up with your blue cable. If it isn´t connected, the failt must be elsewhere. If it is connecten, perhaps to ground, that would explain, why your gearbox doesn´t know your speed.

Greetings from germany/odenwald

Christian

OP Offline
The orig radio has been taken off many years ago I suppouse how its with almost Audi V 8 owners on this site! Im not sure about all points on my board, but I can see the average eating of fuel on 100km. It starts counting the time since i have started my car, it blinks when 2hours has gone! Does the board must show the real speed in numbers there as well! If the problem is in that blue cable where I have to put it! Why AT did not brake before???

journeyman
journeyman
Hy Gatis,

the blinking after 2 hours driving-time is normal. I think that this is a feature to remind you making breaks on longer trips. My Board ist showing the same.

The blue cable must be unplugged, / not plugged in. If its plugged wrong, it´s causing a shortcut and the speed-signal doesn´t work anymore. Could be the problem of your gear-box.

Btw: the board doesn´t show your speed in digits. It oly uses this information to calculate ....

OP Offline
Thanks Christian, I think that cable its just off, but I'll take a look. Looks like a problem is not in that cable! I've been taking out my radio for many times to connect rightly sound speakers through subwoofer...
As I have understood from u I just have to isolated that blue cable or making it unplugged and thats all... if it will be isolated or unplugged taht means I have problem in my gearbox.....

Thanks Christy for advice!

journeyman
journeyman
Yes, thats is the fact.

Did you check the level of your ATF ?

OP Offline
After my AT broke I did it and changed the oil, I think there was too much oil in it! The old oil was black! Im not using my car right now and i will not till spring! Next year I'll change all need there! Yaeh may be oil has not been changed for a long time! I did not know the level cause there is no "checker" I made it by my self and took out some oil ( from new oil)! But I did not change the filter so far!As it is written here oil level is 59-75cm from the top of the "checker"!

OP Offline
sorry 57-59cm from the top

journeyman
journeyman
Order a check-pin from audi.

Too many Oil damages the gearbox.

It´s very difficult to check the ATF-Level, cause it hat to happen while the ATF has to have exactly 80 degrees celsius

OP Offline
Thanks

Oh-oh.

check the oil level first. Do this CORRECTLY - get the dipstick for the transmission. It`s cheap.
The transmission will not work correctly with either too much or not enough fluid in it. I have described the procedure (in english) here, including the part number for the dipstick.

What you feel as "five speeds" is the torque converter lockout being switched on and off. Normally, this should be a smooth process you hardly notice. If this is jerky and hard, something`s not OK.

I figure that you do not have an owner`s manual. I have made a .pdf version of the german version (8,6MB) you can download here.

http://www.audiv8.com/forum/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=v8forum_eng&Number=90961

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert