Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#116011 23.10.2006 02:24
Sean C Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, As this is my first post here I'll start with an introduction. My name Is Sean, I am an 18 year student that is trying to do a V8 6-speed conversion to a 91 Coupe quattro. I live in Minnesota(USA). Alright now that's done.

I purchased some heads from an AKH code S8 motor of ebay.co.uk about 8 months ago. The heads were a steal at 56 GBP, so I now have these heads sitting in crates in my garage. My question is does any one know the difference between a AKH/AHC motors and the ABZ's that came in the A8's? I am interested in building a motor for these heads because there aren't many high torque audi v8's over here.

they are both 32-Valve heads. The S8 has more aggressive cams, a variable intake manifold and some other tricks to extract those 40 more horsepower from the essentially same engine block as in the "regular" A8. For exackt specifications, you night want to have a look at the Bentley manual .
Torque ratings remain pretty much unchanged with the S8 engines; they are all about more power. If you are after gobs of low-end torque, you`d need to look at forced induction.
There is one guy who`s done what you have in mind. If you speak german, check out his web page, also the twin turbo project

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert