Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
Jose R. Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi all

I was curious to know where the speedometer or odometer sensor is located because i suppose it is failing

since a few weeks, the odometer doesn't increase km, it shows speed but it does not count km, no total , no trip, both are stopped.

curiously ,after some hammering in the exaust system, strangely the odometer started to work for 80 km then stopped again, so I supposed that there is a sensor underneath somewhere in the gearbox that is failing
but after close inspection I can't see any sensor in the gearbox.
Can someone tell me where is located or where I can download a copy of a workshop manual to learn more about my car?
I need also check the gearbox oil level and a manual or advice will help with location of level plug

is a 4.2 ABH with automatic transmission

thank you in advance

338244-07092013494.jpg (0 Bytes, 182 downloads)
enthusiast
enthusiast
It's a curious situation which I thought would be related to the instrument cluster itself.
At a guess, I would have expected the drive to be near a front driveshaft.

pm me your email address, and I will send you a link to download a copy of the manual from either my dropbox account, or that thing on hotmail/outlook.

As far as I know, there is one input for speed, and this signal is used to also drive the odo. I presumed, but haven't looked, that the odo is driven by a small motor.
However, it may be different.

I have found a few issues due to age in the instrument cluster. mainly dry solder joints, or tarnished contacts.
The Speed/odo assembly is mounted, and plugged onto the main display panel, as a module.

speedo connection

338246-speedo connection.pdf (0 Bytes, 204 downloads)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Mark Hanman; 17.09.2013 10:38.

85 WR quattro
90 V8 Silver, 91 V8 Black, 93 V8 Lago
93 100e quattro V6. Titan, i think
Carpal \'Tunnel
Carpal \'Tunnel
Does cruise control still word? Have you changed something on you car hifi?

Everything has one speed input from the gearbox ECU. By checking speed on the AC (diagnostic channel 17 or 26, really don't remember) you find out if the sensor is broken or just the cluster.

Jose R. Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Mark
thank you for the attached archives, they downloaded ok, now I had a lot to study, some in english but a few in german, I'm going to need to learn german just now!!
now it's time to locate the speedo pages and learn how to do the the AC test codes
thanks

Jose R. Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
hi
not, i do not made nothing to the car HIFI
and, unsure about cruise control as las time I was unable to use it, but I was supposing it was my lack of knowledgement ( I use it few times)
I will check it better tomorrow

what you means with AC, air coditioner test or auto cruise test?
sorry!!I had just downloaded the workshop manual yesterday, I need to learn before!!

Carpal \'Tunnel
Carpal \'Tunnel
Airconditioning it was meant, it displays much more than just what it needs.

journeyman
journeyman
There is a relay If removed will stop the odo but speedo continues to work. Once I removed and i noticed this finding and odo resumes working after re-installing the said relay. May be your relay is no more functional.

Jose R. Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Wow!!!!

It's a good starting point to search the fail

can you please tell me where this relay is located ?

just to check if this is the problem, thank you!!

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert