Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
the central lock does not work on my 93 V8 3.6. The key can not open or close the car, and also by putting the key in the car doors won't work.
Does anyone now how to proceed?
I am going to replace the batteries in the keys, but I think that's not the solution. Somewhere else in the forum I read that the control unit for the central lock is under the rear seats (right side). How can I find out which unit it is and how to check it?
greetings from Holland,
Hans

old hand
old hand
Hello Hans,

Wellcome and good luck with your V8.
As you already indicate yourself, the batteries are not the problem, since turning the key in the driversdoor also does not seem to work.
How is your German? We have a good Search funktion, with obviously more leads in German than in English.
In German search for "Zentralverriegelung" or "ZV". I am sure there is a lot of material on this.
And yes, the control unit should be close to the battery.

regards,
Eric

P.S. Where in the Netherlands do you live? I am from there as well, and sometimes I come over for a visit.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Eric,
well, I also tried to find topics in German, but I will have a closer look at the 'ZV' coming week. Thanks for the advice.
I live in the Leiden region. Originally I come from the northern part of Holland, where I had a collegue with your last name.
BTW what V8 do you own yourself?
kind regards,
Hans

old hand
old hand
Hi Hans,

If the North means Bergen/Alkmaar region, that is possible, since my fathers family is from Bergen. In Friesland/Groningen I am not aware of any family.

Mine is an Indigo blue (common colour) 4.2 from march 1993. It should be in the "Car DB" . I got it from Freiburg. The V8 was never sold overhere in Portugal, they only started with the (aluminium) A8.

regards,
Eric

stranger
stranger
Hello Hans!
I'm a new member myself but if I'm not mistaken, the door locks are actuated by vacuum, not electrically. At least that's what I think for the 1990 model year. I have a service manual and I'll look up what I can find and be in touch...
Regards,
Don W.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Vacuum unit, right side, under corner of the seat base. Right next to the battery. If the battery has been out for any reason, then check that the vacuum unit has been plugged back in properly. In fact, check anyway. Mine wasn't, and was operating intermittently.
Not sure which fuse it is, but then, it may be a little different compared to a UK car.

If the vacuum unit is running, then start searching for leaks.

There should be actuation from both front doors. Inside and out. Although I can't double check that bit right now, as my car is a few thousand miles away...

85 WR quattro
90 V8 Silver, 91 V8 Black, 93 V8 Lago
93 100e quattro V6. Titan, i think

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert