Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
Erdal A Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
First i want to say Heloo to everyone!!

I have a problem with my A8.
One morning way to work the car would´nt start.After little searching i figured out that it was the fuelpump.
I ordered i new and installed it and a new fuelfilter.Tried to start but still nothing happend.I pulled out the pipe from the fuelfilter
to see if there was coming any gas,but nothing!!
I have tried to spray some startgas in the engine and it starts emidietly.
My problem now is that there are not coming any gas to the engine even after changing the fuelpump and filter.
Do you guys have any Idea what to do??I think the problem maybe is some thing with the electronics???????Maybe any relay???

The car is Audi A8 4.2 1997

Zuerst möchte ich Heloo zu jeder sagen!! Ich habe ein Problem mit meinem A8. Eine Morgenmöglichkeit, das Auto would'nt start.After zu bearbeiten wenig, suchend, das ich aus dem darstellte, es das fuelpump war. Ich bestellte neues i und brachte es und ein neues fuelfilter.Tried zum Anfang an, aber noch zog nichts happend.I das Rohr vom fuelfilter aus, um zu sehen, wenn irgendein Gas kam, aber von nichts!! Ich habe versucht, einige startgas in der Maschine zu sprühen und sie beginnt emidietly. Mein Problem ist jetzt, daß kein Gas zur Maschine sogar nach dem Ändern des fuelpump und des Filters kommen. Haben Sie Kerle irgendeine Idee, was zum do??I denken, daß das Problem möglicherweise irgendeine Sache mit dem electronics???????Maybe jedes mögliches Relais?? ist? Das Auto ist Audi A8 4.2 1997

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Hi,

please set more information about your car in your profile. Like engineidentificationletters! Is it an AKG? What do you get from the failurelist of the engine? You have to read out first, cause its easyer to work with the failurenumbers!

Where you from? Is the car US delivered or UK or EU or Asia? Right or left hand drive?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Joe T.; 30.01.2008 02:34.

Gruß Joe Bose ohne Bose klingt nicht wie aus der Dose
Erdal A Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The car is Lefthand drive and from Eu.Its an A8 4.2 Quattro 1997,dont know much more about it.AKG???
I have not done any failurelist test on it.
I just know that there is not coming any fuel to the engine.I changed the Relay to the fuelpump today but nothing happend even then.Not starting!
I tried to spray some starterspray again in to the airintake and it starts with no problem again.

Its very important to rebuilt the fuelpump exactly in the tank. Without repair handbook it is nearly impossible to do it correctly and the pump wont work if the tank is less than about 1/3 filled up.
Even Audi-garages do it often the wrong way.
Chris

Erdal A Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The pump is corectly asembled,i think.But i used this for help (http://www.detali.ru/cat/au/au.dll?SelPg&t=8BP8LDQT/CxyE/wsskmUFcFSpQqjSslmG4n8LMBMfBzwU/5TEDfcLvA33C7wM/xG6hL8Cmp72R5Xgvwsl5rZsNGfwDOtJFsdyS8NFDxas2PngK3s0cKsrWmo1n9TBcCo/5uuOYdxZrn1wn5OlFMqeXoXp0BhYmRw0UdTnJXdpVTKKT/dhzevqfkQqIJJsw==)

I will try to fill the tank up to nearly full and try again and see what happens.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
So its not the repair handbook! You only have the explosionpicture, it doesn't show how to install the pump and what you have to do by combine the tank. Its not only to samble the items.

Gruß Joe Bose ohne Bose klingt nicht wie aus der Dose
Erdal A Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
1 question.Is there 2 fuelpump on A8 4.2??? I changed the pump inside tank.Is there any else??????

No.
But it is a a special flow system inside with seals which has been leak-proof assembled with the pump system.
the car must run when the tank is filled up even when it is not correctly mounted.
does the pump make a noise?

Erdal A Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The pump makes noise but no fuel comes to engine.Maybe the fuelpipe is full with dirt or something?

Test the electrical Power of 12 volts on the Wireconnektion on the Fuelpump .

do you change the Polarity ??? + to ground ?????

Take the Pump out of the Car an test it outside .

Disconnect the Fuelline in the Tank and on the Engine and blow Air pressure in the Pipe... so you can test the Pipe , the Filter or else...
when the Air can easy flow...your Problem is in pump....

V8 erbarme Dich !
Erdal A Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Now i have tested the pump and it works.And i also have fixed so the fuel comes thru to engine but it still dont start.
What have i missed??Any more ideas???

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert