Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
OP Offline
Hello V8 friends,

I am a new member from holland.
I have some problems with mine V8 PT.
When accelerate i have a hard and strange sound at the right front. (drive shaft?)
When driving in "E" at about 80-100 KM speeds stays the same but RPM travels up and down a bit like clutch (plate) problems but it is a manual.
Also ABS light stay s on.
Can anyone help me please?

best regards Bastiaan.

this "rpm goes up and down at steady speed" issue most likely is either the oxygen sensor (lambda probe). You can easily test this by disabling it by unplugging the connector cable. Or it may be the torque converter lockout acting up - does it happen only in "E" or in "S" and "M" also?

ABS light staying on can have multiple reasons. Most common is a broken signal cable from one of the sensors. Or it could be the fuse for the ABS ECU. Or one of the sensors is defective...

As for the sound - have you checked for loose things underneath the car (cat heat shields etc.)?

First thing to do is checking the fault codes stored in the engine/transmission ECU. You can have that done at any Audi dealer or do it yourself with a laptop, VAG-COM software and interface. Read here for more.

OP Offline
Thank you for your reply!

The RPM happens onle in "E"
In "S" the car is a rocket!!!
Only i am holding back because the front bad noice!
There is nothing "loose" to find under the car and feels like axel problems right front.

best regards!

then definitely check the transmission ECU fault codes! In "S" the torque converter lockout doesn''t engage as soon as in "E". My educated guess is that something is wrong with this thing.
Man am I glad to have a manual transmission. New clutch every <300.000 km and that´s it....

For the chassis/driveline problems - dunno. Maybe get it checked at the ANWB???

OP Offline
OK, thank you.
so it can be related?
In "E" sometimes when he holds back the stange noice happens, in "S" it doesn t!
Is this something like the lock up?

best regards

here´s what the 'transmission guru' (that´s him) said:
When you have this in „E“ @ 100 km/h, you should have the same in „S“ at a higher speed (maybe do a test in Germany ).
If you experience this behavior in “S” also, there's two possibilities:
- a defective/”sticky” control valve in the hydraulic valve body
- torque converter shot (but then it should be always and not only occasionally)

If it ony happens in “E” – then check the S-E-M switch, its cabling and the transmission ECU.

HIS educated guess would be something wrong with the transmission internals due to neglected maintenance (check service records for oil changes and cleaning which should be done at regular intervals) and wrong fluid level. Check the ATF level (see here how to do that).

Theoretically, it also could be the kickdown switch that´s integrated in the throttle cable, telling the transmission ECU you’re stepping on it all the time which then opens the torque converter lockout. To his knowledge, this never happened in reality, but it’d be worth checking.
He also said it`s very difficult to give a diagnosis based on what you said without driving the car .

What to do now:
- Check fault codes (and repost here)
- check ATF (and differential) fluid level.
If it appears like nothing has ever been done before, have a proper transmission maintenance performed. I´d suggest doing this NOT at an Audi dealer but ask ZF (who made the transmission). They have a service facility in Delft, email them at nlinfo@zf.com or call 015 270 23 50. I`d call there with a description of your problems...

OP Offline
Thank you for the good reply!
And thank to the Audi V8 forum!
I will let it check and respons sooner or later.
It will take some time because of my job. (always away)

Best regards Bastiaan.

OP Offline
Hello,
gearbox oil changed, suspension rubbers and an bearig at the right frond replaced. Shiffting problems gone and stange sound also gone . Very bad maintenance from previous owner.
A fuse and sensor replaced for the abs, problem also gone!
Maintenance very expensive, 1000 euro!
But the V8 drives fantastic!!!!

best regards Bas

OP Offline
Hello,

replaced lambda, drives perfect again!!

best regards bastiaan.

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert