Hi Jeremy,
first of all I tell you that the solution as seen on my pic is not actual. Because I've changed the complete iPod sound control from transmitter into a Blaupunkt/iPod-interface for CD changer equipment, as asked bei Claudia for iPod solution. This older pic shows the former solution by FM Transmitter built by BELKIN company.
I hope, my English is good enough to understand.

O.k., to answer your questions: the unit on the left side of seat heating is called "Wegfahrsperre" in Germany. I hope you can translate it in your language. The function is - to avoid stealing the car by disconnecting primary functions. If it is activated, there is no function of fuel injection, no ignition or spark plug signal and a thief is not able to drive away your precious car without this special key to be plugged in in this "switch". It is not standard by AUDI company but custom made and installed later. But - in my car it is disabled; and if I try to activate it, it is not possible.

The second switch is for electrical put up and down of this item to darken the rear window. Don't know the translation in English-sorry. But I have attached a pic of it - see below. Its a very good invention and my V8 has also this items for manual use at the rear side windows. I hope you understand my declaration.
I think some models of the V8 may have this in USA too, maybe only these vehicles wich were be sente to the States from Germany in used condition.

Glad to know there are some enthusiastic V8 drivers in USA.
Greetings from Germany, and enjoy the feeling of the four rings.
Wolfgang

88630-V8__el_Heckrollo.jpg (0 Bytes, 116 downloads)

Klaatu Verata Nectu...