|
|
Registriert seit: Jul 2004
Beiträge: 2
stranger
|
|
stranger
Registriert seit: Jul 2004
Beiträge: 2 |
Hello,
I'm sorry, I don't speak german... I've got a problem with my Audi V8 1991 3.6l 's engine : it's a problem with pistons rings (in German : Oberer Kompressionsring, Verdichtungsring, labstreifring ???) I can't find it in France. Audi don't want to sell it and they want me to buy a new engine (8000 €! )
Where do you think i can find this kind of stuff?
Thank you for your help.
Bye.
|
|
|
|
|
Registriert seit: Apr 2003
Beiträge: 3,399
|
|
Registriert seit: Apr 2003
Beiträge: 3,399 |
Can it be that one of your ring is broken? It looks so!
To Change one Ring is not realy god for the engine, because it didn´t run anytime in that cylinder block!
A used maschine cost max 400€, its realy better, because it is a runing System where everything know the other one! I Hope you know what I Mean, my englich is not so god than yours!
Audi S6 Plus
Audi V8 4.2 AEC LPG ( zu VK!)
Audi V8 3.6 PTX LPG Schalter ( zu VK!)
|
|
|
|
|
Registriert seit: Aug 2002
Beiträge: 765
|
|
Registriert seit: Aug 2002
Beiträge: 765 |
These things are called "Ölabstreifring" and, yes, you are right in that Audi does not sell them separately. AFAIK, they can be purchased aftermarket, for details try to ask Ronny Enzmann [ audiv8_32v@gmx.de ] who has changed his rings himself. The cheapest solution would be to puchase and install a good used engine; for this, look in the "Marktplatz" right here on this page. Good engines are < € 500.
|
|
|
|
|
Registriert seit: Jul 2004
Beiträge: 2
stranger
|
|
stranger
Registriert seit: Jul 2004
Beiträge: 2 |
Thank you for your help. I'm going to look on the Markplatz earlier.
See you.
(really good this forum!!!)
|
|
|
Link in Zwischenablage kopiert