Hi, I was driving my car all day today and everything was working fine. Went to work and when I started my car the temp and fuel gauge dont work. I checked fuse 28 and it was fine does anybody else have any ideas
It might be a problem with the electrical connection at the Instrument Cluster (IC). My speedometer was intermittent for a while. If I slapped the IC with my hand, it would come back to life for a while.
The fix involves removing the IC, disassembling it, and using a 'contact enhancer' found at any electrical supply house. Sounds difficult, but is very easy to do. Try the slap test first.
Regards,
- Jeremy
1990 V8Q Zyclam
Portland, Oregon (USA)
http://www.MyV8Q.com/
Fun, Fun, Fun auf der Autobahn
Also the odometer in the middle doesnt work, the instant mpg works when u hit the arrows but nothing else works. Do u still think that it could be a lose connection. Its weird to have it just stop working, but having the tach, spedo, oil, and clock gauges still working. Just wondering
I have a 1990 3.6 V8 which had several items go blank. Took the dis[play off and found that the circuit board had cracked and some of the track had broken. Resoldered using very thin wire and all now back to normal. A slap could remake the connection for a short while.