Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#46675 03.01.2004 02:28
Registriert seit: Jan 2004
Beiträge: 1
stranger
stranger
Offline
Registriert seit: Jan 2004
Beiträge: 1
Folks,

Perhaps no one was able to reply to my previous inquiry.

I'm still trying to determine if the engine has been damaged due to a worn out timing belt. The belt is still on the pulleys but the teeth have been stripped and the engine now turms with no compression.
Is there any possiblity that the valves have not been damaged.?

Thanks for any opinions or references to technical data.


Registriert seit: Nov 2001
Beiträge: 849
Registriert seit: Nov 2001
Beiträge: 849
Good morning Paul,

I´m sorry, but I think that I´ve got no good news for you. If the timing belt jumps off or something like that in 99 percent of all cases the valves get damaged.


Best regards

Martin



Life sucks and then you die.
Registriert seit: May 2003
Beiträge: 202
Registriert seit: May 2003
Beiträge: 202
Not good. I concur with Martin; valve damage is more likely than not...

There are a few on this side of the pond that have been in the same boat. You might want to send a message to v8@audifans.com for some moral support and some BTDT experience. (you can sign up for the mailing list and browse the limited archives here: http://www.audifans.com/mailman/listinfo/v8 )

Viel Glueck, mein Freund!

Regards,

- Jeremy


1990 V8Q Zyclam Portland, Oregon (USA) http://www.MyV8Q.com/ Fun, Fun, Fun auf der Autobahn
Anonym
Unregistriert
Anonym
Unregistriert
Thanks for your help folks. It looks like I might have to salvage the beauty. Unless I find a used V8 engine...

I'll post something to the market place if I do decide to salvage. Everything was working just fine. It's a shame to have to dismantle such a lovely car.

#46679 07.01.2004 04:36
Registriert seit: May 2003
Beiträge: 202
Registriert seit: May 2003
Beiträge: 202
My automatic transmision died last summer; it set me back $4k. I looked at slavaging the car to someone looking to buy a parts car, but found they only go for $1500 - $2000.

Email me and I can put you in touch with some people that might be able to give you some options (rebuild costs, used engine costs, etc.)

Regards,

- Jeremy
jward@mti-interactive.com


1990 V8Q Zyclam Portland, Oregon (USA) http://www.MyV8Q.com/ Fun, Fun, Fun auf der Autobahn

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1