Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#41479 23.10.2003 08:46
Anonym
Unregistriert
Anonym
Unregistriert
Hi

excuse my english, i'm french

I have an audi 100 S4 V8 (ABH motor) and the engine consume too much oil (1 L for 200 km)
The car as 200 000 km !

there is no blue or white smoke.. just a light black smoke on strong acceleration
But there is oil which go out at exhaust....
So i think the oil isn't burned..... i have not yet verified the state of spark plugs ..
i think it is the valve seals...

What do you think of my problem (piston rings ? something else ?)

Thanks

#41480 23.10.2003 11:25
Registriert seit: Sep 2002
Beiträge: 1,238
Likes: 2
veteran
veteran
Registriert seit: Sep 2002
Beiträge: 1,238
Likes: 2
Excuse moi, je ne parle pas francais..

Looks pretty much like there is some serious problem ahead with your engine. Even without valve guide seals the engine will not burn 5 Liters oil per 1000km, as your engine does.
Black or dark smoke while flatout, even at high revs, is just overriched mixture, not oil.
You should check spark plugs at first, then check compression, I guess one of the pistons is gone.

just my opinion, maybe I´m wrong, but I´m afraid not.....


kind regards

Roland

Anonym
Unregistriert
Anonym
Unregistriert
Hi

what do you mean by "piston is gone". what kind of problem ?

pistons rings ?

I'll soon take compression and chech spark plugs

Thanks

#41482 24.10.2003 11:07
Registriert seit: Sep 2002
Beiträge: 1,238
Likes: 2
veteran
veteran
Registriert seit: Sep 2002
Beiträge: 1,238
Likes: 2
Hi there,

Difficult to say, it is possible that a piston slightly seized caused by a damaged cylinder coating.
Depends on how the oil consumption did change over the runtime.


Keep checking

Roland


Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1