Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#37743 07.09.2003 05:32
Anonym
Unregistriert
Anonym
Unregistriert
I have a 1990 audi v8 and the only problem I have with it is the steering rack one of the seal have a small leak and I am losing hydro fluid like crazy when I turn the wheel all of the way. So I was wondering what is the best way to go about by taking it to a dealer or using one of those stop leak things.

#37744 07.09.2003 06:37
Registriert seit: May 2003
Beiträge: 202
Registriert seit: May 2003
Beiträge: 202
Unless your wallet is very heavy and you would like it to be lighter, I would not suggest taking it to the dealership. It could be the hoses or the rack; both can be rebuilt. There are rebuild kits you can get for the rack if you want to do the repairs yourself, or you can send it in to places that fix them (for less than the dealer, who will want to sell you a brand new one.)

If it is a hose, you can buy the hose from the dealership (expensive) and install it yourself, or you can have the hose repaired by a place that services (aircraft) hydraulic lines.

If you are in the US, email me at jward@mti-interactive.com and I will give you some referrals of places that I know of. If you are on the other side of the pond, I don't know of anywhere to refer you to.

Hope that helps,

- Jeremy


1990 V8Q Zyclam Portland, Oregon (USA) http://www.MyV8Q.com/ Fun, Fun, Fun auf der Autobahn

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1