Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#301061 27.09.2011 07:24
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
stranger
stranger
Offline
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
Hello!

Newbie in the forum and I have small broblem. My V8 won't start and one reason is the starter motor. I wanted to remove it so I could take a closer look to it, but I can't take it out.
I just cant find the upper bolt that keeps it in place. I know that it's somewhere in the "backside" of the starter motor, but my knowledge stops there

Could someone tell me how to find it or maybe have a picture or something that would show me the right spot

Registriert seit: Oct 2008
Beiträge: 203
enthusiast
enthusiast
Registriert seit: Oct 2008
Beiträge: 203
The upper bolt must be removed from the gearbox side


Mit freundlichen Grüßen Benny H Dänemark
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
stranger
stranger
Offline
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
Gearbox side? Don't tell me that it means that the gearbox has to come off? Or do you only mean that the bolt is on the opposite side than the lower nut (the thread is on the starter motor)?
I kind of know where the bolt should be, but just won't get it

Registriert seit: Oct 2008
Beiträge: 203
enthusiast
enthusiast
Registriert seit: Oct 2008
Beiträge: 203
Hi

Yes the thread is in the starter, you must go from behind on the gearbox

See picture
299151-dsc00087_starter.JPG (0 Bytes, 444 downloads)


Mit freundlichen Grüßen Benny H Dänemark
Registriert seit: Oct 2008
Beiträge: 203
enthusiast
enthusiast
Registriert seit: Oct 2008
Beiträge: 203

The bolt is still sitting there marked with red


Mit freundlichen Grüßen Benny H Dänemark
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
stranger
stranger
Offline
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
Thank you very much!
That picture shows it very well. Seems that the bolt can be reached only from above?

Registriert seit: Sep 2010
Beiträge: 283
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Registriert seit: Sep 2010
Beiträge: 283
Likes: 1
Using extension bars with flexible/ball ends, you go over the top of the driveshaft. It's a pain in the neck, literally, but once you've found it once, it can be done with finger feel.
I inserted the drive bit into the bolt, from the right side wheel well, if I remember correctly.


85 WR quattro
90 V8 Silver, 91 V8 Black, 93 V8 Lago
93 100e quattro V6. Titan, i think
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
stranger
stranger
Offline
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
Yes, I've already got some neck pains when I was trying to find that bolt at the first time
It seems from that picture that the bolt is in some sort of "hole" behind the drive shaft. Yesterday I tried to find it again for a bit. I wanted to touch it so I know excactly where it is. But no I just couldn't reached it, damn I hate that car right now...

Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
stranger
stranger
Offline
Registriert seit: Sep 2011
Beiträge: 5
Let's update the situation. I've got the starter out I had to go to that bolt from above and must say that it was pretty tight.

The happiness didn't last long when I looked at the wheel (the one that starter motor moves) and noticed that it missed two tooth

Registriert seit: Aug 2002
Beiträge: 13,286
Likes: 2
Carpal \'Tunnel
Carpal \'Tunnel
Registriert seit: Aug 2002
Beiträge: 13,286
Likes: 2
That's a problem as the flywheel is required for the rpm sensor. Missing teeth may result in serious engine problems. Change is a PITA.

Bastian

Registriert seit: Sep 2010
Beiträge: 283
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Registriert seit: Sep 2010
Beiträge: 283
Likes: 1
My original 3.6 had 2 missing teeth, and it ran fine, but eventually caused issues with the starter engaging badly, and jamming.
I suspect caused by some careless locking of the flywheel for changing the cambelt.

But yes, not a great job.


85 WR quattro
90 V8 Silver, 91 V8 Black, 93 V8 Lago
93 100e quattro V6. Titan, i think

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1