Hi,

als Beispiele dafür, dass Zeit genauso gefährlich ist wie Laufleistung (Erfahrungen von den amerikanischen V8-Fahren, daher englisch):

I had a similar experience. A friend bought one with 124xxx on it, and we
had to do some trans work. When we got it on the road, the belt went in
about 2 miles. DOH!!

I also have the records for a parts car I bought. 213K, one owner. The
original belt went at 58K.

So, it's 50K intervals for me, that way I know it won't go on me. The
problem with these belts is they are very long, and they stretch. As stated
by some of the list members, time is just as important as milage. That is
why, because the belt will dry and stretch with time. On the 124xxx car, the
belt still *looked* fine. However, it stretched enough to skip about ten
teeth, and the intake valves on the passenger side were all bent. 1/4" gap
between the lifters and the cam

Tony

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Ehlert" <bkrddrvs@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [V8] my timing belt


> > In August 1999, when I bought my car, a '93 4.2, I picked it up at the
> > location in Portland, Or, that has replaced the timing belt The mileage
> > at
> > that point was just under 60,000. In fact, by the time I got back to
> > Spokane, a 450 mile trip, it had turned 60,000.. In July, 2006, with just
> > 120,650 miles on it, the timing belt broke, and it cost me $3,000 to fix
> > everything and to install the belt, etc. I had just purchased to do the
> > change. That has been my experience with timing belts. Do not take a
> > chance unless you have 3 grand burning a hole somewhere

Bastian