Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#63199 24.08.2004 02:42
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
IInfrared V8 Key.
Does anyone know how to trouble shoot the key or the alarm system ? Batteries replaced. Nothing happens when I press Key.
cheers
Dave
93V8
87 5000CDqt ( canadian version )
74 corvette stingray

Hi Dave,

since when do you have problems with your IR key?
There are several reasons:
1) The key is not synchronized with the car.
2) The key is damaged.
3) The IR sensors of your car are damaged.

1) When the battery of the car has been cut off for a longer period (few hours), the IR key is not longer synchronized with the car any longer. In this case you have to register the key at the control unit of your car. To do this, you put one of your keys into the lock for the ignition and switch it on (engine not started). After this close all doors of the car and lock the car on the driver site. The alarm system of your car will not respond as usual done by a short accustical signal. After you have locked the door with the second key you will have about five seconds to register the IR key. Therefore push the button on the IR key one to four times and wait about one second between each push. The car should respond to each push on the IR key with a short accustical signal. The memory for the keys has space for four keys. The number of the postion within the memory is given by the count of pushes while registration of the key. After you have registered the key, wait for about ten to thirty seconds and then try to open the car with the IR key.

2)Take a look on the IR-Diode of your key while pushing it. When you push it, the led should flash almost invisible and very short. Try this in a dark environment.

3)Do you know somebody who also drives a V8 with the IR system. Then try to register one of his keys, only for testing, at your car.

Best regards

Martin

Life sucks and then you die.
Anonym
Unregistriert
Anonym
Unregistriert
Thanks Martin for the excellent feed back.
There are very few V8 in Ottawa, but I'll see if I can find one.
When I bought the car in Nov 2003 it didn't work. But now I think of it the battery was dead and I had to
put a new battery in the car. The Key at that time must of got de energized ? I'll give it a go tonight when
I get home from work.
thanks again for the great write up.
regards
David
93V8
87 5000 CD qt
74 corvette stingray

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
well I have got the infrared key working. I checked out the key batteries first for correct voltage. they were good. I
found out I had put the batteries in the wrong location !!! there is conflicting information in the battery area of the key
( + - ) I could see the infrared light work ... I tried the sequence you had suggested. I got as far as locking the door
and alarm horn blew once when I pressed it. But after this nothing happened, I waited 30 seconds to get back into
the car. Turned the ignition off, locked door with key and then pressed IR key ... nothing happened ... I will have to
try the sequence again.
regards
David

Hi,

are you sure that the IR unit that is placed into your key is originally for a V8. The Problem you describe seems to be a Problem of the IR unit in your key. A few months ago I bought a key with a working IR unit for my V8. The key originally was a key for a 95 Audi A6. When I tried to register the key at my car the same things you have described happened to me. I also have another IR key for my V8 and this key works fine.

Best regards
Martin

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
thanks again Martin ... I finally had time to program the key and it now works :-)
I miss read the last part of your mail so the key was not programming right ...
Have a good week !
David
Canada

Hi,

that sounds great ;-)

Have a nice day.

Best regards
Martin

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert