Vorheriges Thema
Nächstes Thema
Thema drucken
Thema bewerten
#99916 09.03.2006 11:17
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi. Again I have problem with my V8. It’s problem after cold start. Every morning when I start car, I wait at least 5min. before start to drive it. During that time car is in “P” parking position, and engine sound fine. But, when I start to drive, first 15km car don’t go well. Engine, choke and shake, without power. If I stop (on traffic light- semaphore) and transmition is in “D” drive position, it’s jig and vibrate… After some ride (about 15km) car start to work just fine, engine have it’s power again and car don’t shake and vibrate any more… Problem will be repeat if car stand more then few hours and cool down. I need help; does anyone know what can be problem and how to fix it?

My apology, because poor English.

Sounds like missing gear oil. The gearbox is very sensitiv regarding too less or too much oil. You need the stick to check it at the pipe coming up below the brakefluid reservoir. But when you do so the gearbox must be warm, so drive at least 20km before! Do not just fill up, first measure!

I habe described the process (incl. part no. for the dipstick) a few threads ago : click here

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you, but I already have dipstick on car. I change my oil filter and I regularly check for level of oil in transmission (when engine is warm and running). I think that my transmission work fine, I didn’t notice any problem with shifting and it’s seems that all three modes ( “S”, “E” and “M”) work fine. I felt different in shifting between “E” and “S” mode, but I still don’t know what “M” mode is? I must admit that I’m not experience with automatic transmission. I check on many forums abut automatic transmission and problems that can exist. But I didn’t find any tips abut, maybe some basic rules of driving car with automatic transmission, because I’m not shore that I drive this car in good stile.
I also notice, that often when I start engine it’s shut down and after immediate restart it’s work fine (this happened same with cold or worm engine), and I already check and change main air valve (on front side of engine). I check computer but it didn’t show any error. What to do next? Is there chance that “air volume” sensor (I don’t know name of that sensor in English)… on top of intake, after air filter… is bad? And how car go perfect warm and so bad cold (Outdoor temperature here is between 0C and 5C)?
Sorry for bothering you, and thanks for all response.

Have you checked/retrieved the ECU fault codes yet? I would try this first, maybe you`ll receive a clue as to wich sensor is misbehaving.
You find details as to how this works on the SJM home page. VW/Audi dealers usually perform this service for free or nominal cost, if you happen to have one nearby.

I have the same problem as of late..I know exactly what you are talking about ...but I do not think this is the oil issue.

I have a standard (5 speed) version) and on cold starts it runs very rough for about 5 minutes until slightly warm and then it runs perfect. (almost like it was running on 4 or 5 cylinders).

To me it sounds like the distributor cap or maybe even the spark plug wires ...which would maybe explain why this is not being picked up by the diagnostic system.

Anyone else out there that has had this problem PLEASE HELP!

Paul
Luxembourg

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi I finally find error on my V8 (just to remind its V8 3.6l PT)…

00515 003
Hallgeber – G40
Kein Signal
sporadisch aufgetertener Fehler

AND

00513 003
Geber fur Motordrehzahl – G28
Kein Signal
sporadisch aufgetretener Fehler

I don’t speak German, so can you help me… What this mean and how to fix it?!

Moderiert von  Manfred H., Manfred M., Thorsten D 

Link in Zwischenablage kopiert